Commercial cleaning services in Denver – the thought may have crossed your mind as to what they actually include, and don’t. Or, you may have wondered if all commercial cleaning providers offer the same services, or if they are worth the expense. AAA Building Maintenance has been providing commercial cleaning services in Denver for over 20 years and has answers to point you in the right direction.
What are Commercial Cleaning Services?
Commercial cleaning services are janitorial services designed specifically for commercial space. This includes buildings used for medical, general office, education, childcare, healthcare, restaurants, industry and more.
Why is Commercial Cleaning important?
The primary focus of commercial cleaning is to:
- Prevent cross contamination
- Reduce the spread of disease
- Reduce risk of injury
- Improve appearance/aesthetics
A dirty work space is unsafe for employees, vendors, customers or anyone else interacting with the business. Preventing cross contamination means cleaning must be done in a way that germs are not spread from one area to another. This includes following procedures that separate bathroom cleaning towels from those used to clean desks or kitchen areas, for example.
Unique training is provided to professional commercial cleaning staff specifically on the proper use of chemicals to reduce the spread of disease and prevent cross contamination. Additionally, training is provided on blood borne pathogens and OSHA requirements.
When an office isn’t properly cleaned, staff may become sick more often, hurting productivity. An office space free of dirt, debris and germs reduces this risk, as well as the chance of injury. Using the wrong chemicals for cleaning tasks could also result in injury, such as causing someone to slip on a floor treated with a slick product. Proper training is required to prevent injury to anyone using cleaning chemicals or equipment.
Finally, commercial cleaning services are important for appearance and aesthetics. Visitors to your property, whether employees, customers or others, do notice if space in unkempt. In the case of employees, this can lead to lower morale – if management doesn’t care about a safe, clean workspace, the employees tend to follow suit. And, as mentioned before, an unsanitary work space can lead to injuries and illness, both resulting in increased absenteeism and lower productivity.
When it comes to other visitors to your property, aesthetics create the first impression and expectation of how doing business with you will look. Aesthetics, therefore, are their own type of customer service. Would you let a representative of your company interact with customers if they wore soiled clothes and lacked basic hygiene? Likely not. Don’t let your property present itself this way either.
What to Look for When Hiring Commercial Cleaning Services in Denver
Considering the value commercial cleaning providers offer, it’s no wonder why so many companies outsource their janitorial needs. Allowing regular staff to perform the duties of a professional cleaning company is a liability. But, just hiring any commercial cleaning company isn’t enough.
- Look for a provider who specializes in your specific industry. Some cleaning companies choose to work in a limited number of industries in order to provide the best service. Be sure the company you are looking to hire has experience in yours. Ask for references or testimonials. Check that they are able to provide services at the times you need (for example after hours), as well.
- Make sure they serve your building style and needs. Cleaning companies vary in their skills and equipment, so ask if they service your specific type of business and what is included or excluded. For example, some providers may not do windows or outdoor space. Some may include general maintenance tasks while others do strictly janitorial. Ask about construction cleaning if you plan to do a build-out or remodel. If you have any unique features or building materials, talk to your prospective provider about those to ensure they take proper care.
- Talk to the company about their processes and procedures for safety and proficiency. Ask how problems are handled, should they arise. If important, ask about the products they use for cleaning, and how the staff is trained initially and continuously. Your interaction with the company in this early stage will be a precursor to all work together going forward, so make sure it’s a good one.
Denver based AAA Building Maintenance uses highly trained employees and chemicals specifically formulated for the specialized task at hand. Whether temporary construction cleaning, ongoing commercial cleaning services, or maintenance support, we are here to help property owners and managers obtain and maintain a level of cleanliness they desire. Call us today to schedule your free building audit and quote for your specific needs at 303-716-2802.