Of all the downsides inherent in a hospital stay, the risk of healthcare facility-related infection shouldn’t be one of them. In fact, a Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report notes that these infections affect 5 to 10 percent of hospitalized patients in the U.S. per year, resulting in 99,000 deaths and an estimated $20 billion in healthcare costs. The worst part? They are largely preventable through professional healthcare cleaning services.
Incidents of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are frequent and serious enough that Medicare and Medicaid payments are tied (in part) to how well healthcare facilities prevent these types of infections. Because of this, effective cleaning and disinfecting of these facilities has emerged as a major factor in the reduction of HAIs. To that end, today’s modern healthcare facilities are increasingly turning to contracted healthcare cleaning services as part of a consistent, reliable approach to HAI prevention.
Let’s take a look at some compelling reasons for considering a professional healthcare facility cleaning service:
- Effectiveness – Professional healthcare cleaning services, like those provided by AAA Building Maintenance, can provide the most effective cleaning methods and disease prevention safeguards available for several reasons. Our employees have extensive experience with other medical and healthcare cleaning clients, so you will benefit from the knowledge and expertise acquired therein. Careful screening and extensive training of our employees in your facility means that reliable, knowledgeable workers with a low turnover rate will be present at your facility. Use of hospital-approved chemicals, regular inspection processes and intense familiarity with regulatory directives provides assurance that your facility is receiving the best possible care.
- Consistency – Because of its direct relationship to infection prevention and patient outcomes, medical facility cleaning requires an expert, highly skilled team to ensure that the building space and its associated equipment are cleansed and sterilized reliably and effectively. Using in-house staff to perform these duties may seem like an effective economic tool, but when you consider the costs associated: the amount of time needed to impart specialized training, the cost of re-training as new methods regulations are adopted and the potential loss of Medicare and Medicaid payments, healthcare cleaning services makes more sense. The wisdom of utilizing professional cleaning services who are trained in the most up-to-date methods and evolving industry standards is apparent.
- Environment – The importance of HAI prevention applies to facility employees as well as its patients. Thorough, professional cleaning of healthcare facilities and medical offices not only helps prevent the transmission of infection to and between patients, but also between patients and staff. When your staff is well protected from disease and infection they will inevitably miss less time due to illness and will be in a position to provide more effective care.
- Compliance – In an industry that by its very nature can mean the difference between life and death, the existence of many and myriad existing healthcare standards is unsurprising and essential, and adherence to these criteria is critical to maximizing positive patient outcomes. Healthcare cleaning services professionals have been thoroughly trained to understand and implement the standards of regulatory bodies like CDC, APIC, and HIPAA, to name a few, so you are assured of a cleaning program that will be in compliance and will stay in compliance, avoiding potentially costly violations and offering the healthiest possible surroundings.
- Choice – Much like hotels, restaurants and other public facilities, consumers will ultimately make choices about where they receive medical treatment based largely on their impressions of the physical space. No one wants to be treated in a medical facility that is obviously unclean or in disrepair, and by the same token a clean, sterile facility will build your reputation as a top healthcare provider and will generate new and repeat business.
Denver based AAA Building Maintenance uses highly trained employees and chemicals specifically formulated for the specialized task at hand. Through extensive training, adherence to standards and regulations and the use of state-of-the-art equipment and materials, we can help maintain the superior degree of cleanliness your medical facility demands. Call us today to schedule your free building audit and quote for your specific needs at 303-716-2802.